Tuesday, June 16, 2009

I am Frater Treinta, and I'm here to represent the Wild side of magic. Although I'm an initiated Gnostic by baptism, there's not really an "initiate only" set of anything, so I'm not counting it. Other than that, I'm pretty well a self-styled Mage.

I'm here to represent Chaos Magic, bootleg QBL, "cheap, petty Sorcery," and all that is wild, untamed, exploring, pedal to the metal with nothing but a notebook Constantine magic.

And my background reflects it. Kabbalist now and forever (but preferring the bootleg Hermetic version,) Shaman, Golden Dawn, Southern Baptist, Pentecostal, Mystical Christian, "Gnostic Agnostic," Gnostic, Mathemagician, and just enough Taoist to own the book. I've done funeral rights for my great-grandmother, read Tarot cards for beer money, explored the Astral in an imaginary spaceship, adapted RPGs into working magical systems, and programmed magical effects into Python programs. A disturbing amount of my Astral work is based on the DC Comics universe.

My purpose here is to present the more random, primal, undocumented, experimental, edge-pushing styles of magic that are immune to the abuses to authority by not having any authorities to start with through a trickster/adversary persona. I will be emphasizing certain parts of my practice and personality here to make my job easier, as well as my counterpart's.

And now, the representative from Chaos yields the floor.

No comments:

Post a Comment